This elearning module covers the skills and knowledge required to diagnose organisational and individual learning needs of an organisation.
This module is suitable for learning and development professionals who need to identify the learning needs of organisations, and individuals working within organisations.
The program is delivered completely online.
The Analysing Learning Needs module covers three key areas:
- Identify key organisational issues
- Identify key organisational issues that may impact learning within the organisation
- Clarify stakeholder expectations, needs, goals and priorities
- Identify and access resources in accordance with organisational requirements
- Develop a project plan with relevant persons to be negotiated and agreed by the organisation
- Conduct learning needs analysis
- Use reliable, appropriate and efficient information gathering elicitation methods (e.g. observation, interviews, surveys, document analysis) for collecting information to identify:
- competencies and standards required
- learner characteristics
- factors influencing job performance
- the current learning culture that will support or inhibit learning and its application
- Use reliable and valid data diagnostic methods to determine current and future learning needs
- Report outcomes of diagnosis of learning needs
- Provide options to help the organisation to address identified learning needs
- Review feedback and suggestions from the key stakeholders on suitability of the recommended options
- Get a better understanding of how to find out what their learners need which will help them to create more engaging and relevant programs.
- Be able to identify performance gaps so the learning is targeted to the right needs
- Be able to align the training with organizational objectives
Courses are commencing on the following dates:
- 22 April 2019
- 17 October 2019